What Is a Church Community?

The video player could not be built.

Do you want to chat with a missionary?

We are happy to answer any questions you may have. Start a chat or call us at 1-888-537-6600.

Hi I'm Riley Jorgensen

I was born in Idaho Falls Idaho and lived in Rigby till I was 12 years old. Now I live in Frenchtown Montana, and I'm a Mormon.

About Me

Right now I am serving my mission in Carlsbad California and loving it. I enjoy riding dirt bikes, snowmobiles, fishing, hunting, camping, and playing sports. I have three little sisters that are very funny. There is Baylee who is 11, Kynslee who is 9, and Gracee who is 6. They are turds, but I love them haha.

Why I am a Mormon

After my father had passed I didn't know what to do. I didn't know if I wanted to go on a mission and serve him or if I was just going to get a job and support my family. So I decided to pray. As I prayed I received the answers that my father was whole again and that he was no longer in pain, that life on earth is not the end but the beginning, and what better thing to do than serve the lord ,and he would bless my family more than I could. So three weeks later I left for my mission to Carlsbad California. I am a Mormon because I know this is the true Church of Jesus Christ. I know that it can bring happiness to anyone's life and help them overcome any trial they face. The most important things I know is that God lives and families can be together forever.

How I live my faith

All my life I have been raised in the church by my awesome loving parents. Because of their examples and others in the church as well I have learned many things. I have learned to serve and love others, and I have also learned how important family's are. Since I was little I always wanted to serve a mission. But one day my father got sick and had to go to the hospital. The doctors said that he had pancreatitis. For four months we took care of him. I would help my mom by taking my sister Baylee to her therapy because she has Rett Syndrome. I would also take my sisters to swimming lessons and just watch them all the time. I had got my mission call to Carlsbad California in the middle of those four months and I still was set on going. Over time my father started getting worse and one morning my mom told me that his draining tubes were bleeding and that we would need to take him to the hospital. So we took him and he had to get surgery to stop the eternal bleeding. After that they said that we would need to life flight him from Montana to Salt Lake. In Utah he went through many surgery's and kept fighting. I had total faith that a miracle would happen and that he would be good again. Everyone was fasting and praying. At times my mom would be on the floor pleading to God why and I had to pick her up and tell her that its going to be ok and that dad will be fine. During the surgery's I went back to my aunts house so we could get some things and we were going to go back the next day. When I woke up that morning my aunt came out and told me that the doctors were going to take my dad off the machines. I didn't know what to think. I was full of anger and kept saying that this couldn't happen. I knew he was going to be ok. When we got there all my family came and my three little sisters. I had to tell them that daddy wasn't going to be here anymore and that he was going to heaven. He pumped for two hours off the machines then the line went straight.