What Is a Church Community?
Loading.....

The video player could not be built.

Do you want to chat with a missionary?

We are happy to answer any questions you may have. Start a chat or call us at 1-888-537-6600.

Hi I'm Preston

I grew up in Phoenix, Arizona. I have been called to the Slovak Mission. I'm a Mormon.

About Me

I am 19 years old. I love to play basketball as well as work at my job. Cars have always been one of my favorite things because my brother is a mechanic and we have always had cars around the house. My job deals with high-end men's clothing and shoes. I get to try on, repair, buy and sometimes keep the expensive clothing items that I deal with. I love being around all the clothing and shoes. I just finished a year of college at a community college near my house while I prepare for my mission that I am leaving soon. I have been called to the Czech/Slovak Mission, specifically speaking Slovak. I am excited as I possibly can be but also extremely nervous to be a missionary as well as to learn the language. I hope that I will be able to touch someones hear and not screw anybody up on their way to coming unto Christ and the gospel. I pray everyday that the lord will help me to become an exceptional missionary as well as guide me throughout my mission and my life.

Why I am a Mormon

I grew up in the church with my parents, my mother is a convert but my dad grew up in it too. Before I was baptized, I was unsure about the church, I knew that it was something that I went to and it was kind of long on Sundays but I didn't really have a secure testimony about the church. When it finally came time to be baptized I was assured that it was all my choice and that I could choose whatever I wanted. I prayed about the decision daily, I never really received a solid answer until I saw my best-friend get baptized and I went to his Baptism. I could feel the spirit so strong there and I instantly knew that I had to be apart of this and that this is where my heavenly father wanted my to be. And I have continued to grow from it since in church activities and in my priesthood quorums to this day and I continue to learn and strenghten my testimony of the gospel of Jesus Christ.

How I live my faith

I am an active priest quorum attendant I, and constantly trying to better myself as I prepare to serve my mission. I consistently read my scriptures as well as my preach my gospel. As one of the first of many to leave on my mission I feel like a very big example to my fellow missionaries and an super excited to see that 99% of them have already chosen to serve missions as well as the other 1% still contemplating serving a mission as they are recent converts. Our ward is huge and will be sending out 12, and maybe more, missionaries. It is so great to see all this and knowing that they are doing the right thing and doing gods will. I know I am blessed by living the faith and I know that I will be continually blessed as I prepare to leave for my mission.