What Is a Church Community?
Loading.....

The video player could not be built.

Do you want to chat with a missionary?

We are happy to answer any questions you may have. Start a chat or call us at 1-888-537-6600.

Hi I'm Brianna

I grew up in Iowa City Iowa. I'm the youngest of 9 kids and plan to open up my own cupcake bakery. I'm a Mormon.

About Me

I am the youngest of 9 and grew up in 3 states going to 7 different schools but wouldn't have it any other way. I've been an aunt since I was two and can now proudly say I have 25 nieces and nephews and two on the way! There isn't anything I like doing more then spending my time with my family. In fact, some of my best friends are 6 years old. Maybe it's because they bring out the goofy in me. I love being active and trying new things! Pretty much anything that isn't normal I'll do it! (notice how I said pretty much anything) From jumping off a rock into the lake to trying snails at an unknown restaurant. I am a girl with many interests! I love soccer, seeing the world, laughing and hanging out with my family, but what really brings me to my center is baking. I love the feeling you feel when you create the perfect cupcake and the gratitude you get when you give it. It is something that brings me great satisfaction...plus it's fun!! I am currently serving as a missionary and couldn't be more excited to be one of 70,000 spreading the gospel.

Why I am a Mormon

I think the better question would be, why not? I was born in this church and have always believed in it but only now do I know it is true. I know now that there is a restored gospel and that this is that gospel. This is the true church of Jesus Christ and by being a Mormon, I have had many blessings and greatness come unto me that would not have happened without being apart of this church. There are so many different gifts and miracles given to us by the Savior within all churches. But why this church is so great to me is because of one gift that other churches don't have. And that is eternal life. We can live with our families and loved ones forever through the simple guidelines that Heavenly Father gives us. We hear a lot in the scriptures to have "child-like faith" and only now do I understand that phrase. You offer to pick up a child on your shoulders and they will say yes without hesitation but you ask a grown person if they want a shoulder ride they might look at you and stare. To have faith like a child is trusting in God that everything will be okay if you let him in. I am ready to put my full trust in the Lord and have him carry me into the mission field so that others can have the same joy that I have knowing that I can be with my family not only til death, but for an eternity.

How I live my faith

I live my faith by participating in church activities, doing what I can do serve my piers, and fulfilling my callings. But overall, I simply live my faith by being an example. Because of that, everyone seems to know I am Mormon and border me with questions. I am not afraid to share with the world and love answering questions! I have had many callings in the church from missionary work to teaching four year olds....come to think of it, they're kind of the same thing. I love sharing this gospel and hope that my joy will rub off on some people. I never meet a stranger! We are all children of God so what's the difference between someone who's next to you and someone who's in the next country? Everyone everywhere needs to be reached out to at some point in their lives.

Why is family so important to Mormons?

Brianna
That is a great question. I never really thought about why it's so important to us, I just always knew it was. It says in my about me that I am the youngest of 9. I have a huge family and that comes with both advantages and disadvantages. 70% of things I have learned came from my family, the other 30% came from teachers. Family is the closest thing we have to the the Savior. They are what lead us to Him. Like it says above and in The Family: A proclamation to the World, "The family is central to God's plan for His children. It is also the central unit of society and means from bringing children into the world where they can be loved, provided for, and taught truth and righteousness." So I guess overall, families are so important to us because without them, we would be lost. And with them, we are one step closer to our Savior. Show more Show less