What Is a Church Community?

The video player could not be built.

Do you want to chat with a missionary?

We are happy to answer any questions you may have. Start a chat or call us at 1-888-537-6600.

Hi I'm Tasha

I am from South East Idaho, I train horses, love animals, and want to teach Agriculture. I'm a Mormon.

About Me

I'm an outdoor girl who loves the mountains. I grew up moving all over the state of Idaho. I moved once every three years. In that time I was introduced to the one thing steady around me...horses. I got to take them everywhere I moved and I loved learning and growing with them. I love being around cows and playing with my dog and the puppies. I am also a Sophomore in college studying Agriculture Education. I have never been sick a day in my life until I found out I had a brain tumor, after a year of steroids, ivies and other medications they did surgery. No one knows what caused it or what it was exactly but for now its gone. I love to be active and enjoy spending time with my family (when I'm not in school).

Why I am a Mormon

I have been a member my whole life but about 3 years ago I started to fall away and go into a rebellion stage. I went to parties and did some regrettable things. After about a year I started to get really sick, and I had this headache that would never go away. It took the doctors over 2 months to find a mass in the right ventricle of my brain. They had no idea what it was, where it came from and how to stop it. For a little while they thought it could be cancer but they could never quit tell with the MRI. The hard part was that it was all during my senior year of high school. About the beginning of second semester I was sent to Salt Lake to see a specialist. He gave me the option of have the surgery or see if it keeps growing and deal with the pain. So I went and got my patriarchal blessing. After that we (my parents and I) felt like the surgery was the right thing to do. I remember going to the Temple the night before cause I had never seen Temple square and I really wanted to, and a little girl made fun of the markings on my head, and my parents cried for the first time I had ever seen. On Valentines day I went into surgery not knowing if I was coming back or what was going to happen. When I woke up four days later I realized I was a lucky girl. The next day was Sunday, and they brought the sacrament into my hospital room, I knew that that was the biggest blessing of all. I knew that day that my time here is short and I needed to live it right. So I started going to church again and progressed from there. Now I am lucky cause I have a calling and life couldn't be better, and the tumor isn't back yet.

How I live my faith

I am the Sunday school teacher at college now, and also a ward missionary. I love these callings. I get to meet a lot of non members and introduce them to the church through my callings and school and they are all my good friends.