What Is a Church Community?
Loading.....

The video player could not be built.

Do you want to chat with a missionary?

We are happy to answer any questions you may have. Start a chat or call us at 1-888-537-6600.

Hi I'm Monica

Sizzling Arizona is where I call home! I'm mom to 3 boys, it's loud around here and that's they way I like it! I'm a Mormon.

About Me

I was raised the only child of a single mom, then married a typical “mormon boy” from a large family! It’s been fun learning to be a mom! My four boys (husband included) keep me busy and we’ve had our share of big ugly meltdowns but I’ve lived life both ways and I’ll take the big family struggle any day! I can honestly say that 90% of my joy in this life comes from those 4 people! What about the other 10% you ask? Food, movies, cute shoes, traveling, good books and fun friends, not necessarily in that order!

Why I am a Mormon

The reason I became a Mormon is because when I was born my mother wondered how in the world she could teach me all the things I would need to know to grow to be a happy, fulfilled woman. She knew she didn’t have the answers, she needed help so she went back to church and took me along. The reason I’m still a Mormon is because as I have grown I have watched many friends and family members step in every imaginable mess the world has to offer. I have always tried to keep the commandments of God and as a result I have sidestepped these messes that bring sadness and regret. The Gospel of Jesus Christ is a personal owner’s manual for life. Often I hear people comment on the restrictive lifestyle of a mormon. When in actuality, making good choices brings us more choices. Likewise, when we make bad choices we limit what is available to us in the future. God wants us to be happy! Another name for the Gospel of Jesus Christ is “The Plan of Happiness!” I would never want to live my life any other way!

How I live my faith

I live my faith one day at a time! I am really good at being not perfect. I try to start each day with prayer and ask Heavenly Father to help me be what he wants. I try to follow the example Jesus set for us when he was here on earth. I try really hard to look for ways to help and serve those around me. When I make mistakes, and trust me it’s often, I ask for forgiveness and try to do a little better the next day. The Gospel of Jesus Christ is simple. In fact I often marvel and how such a simple plan can have such an enormous, overwhelming payback. The happiness, safety and peace so greatly out-weigh the work. Come give it a try! Unless, of course, you don’t like happiness, safety or peace!