What Is a Church Community?

The video player could not be built.

Do you want to chat with a missionary?

We are happy to answer any questions you may have. Start a chat or call us at 1-888-537-6600.

Hi I'm Andrea

I live in Georgia. I love ice cream. I'm a friend. I'm a Mormon.

About Me

After 6 years, I graduated from college back in 2008, and have just been working since then. I am enjoying this stage of life. I love my family and my friends. Some of my hobbies include woodworking, making things, baking, and music.

Why I am a Mormon

I am a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints because it is just that. It is His Church. There is a comfort that is in my life, because I know that we are blessed with commandments and instructions on how to live from a loving Heavenly Father, Jesus Christ, and the living Prophet and Apostles. The Gospel teaches us how to live, how to be happy, and most importantly where we can go when we leave this earth. I have no doubt that I can live with my family and Father in Heaven forever, because I know that His Gospel is true. The Book of Mormon is a perfect companion to the Bible, I know that it is the word of God, because when I read and apply the things that I learn to my life, I am blessed with an understanding of life's situations and a peace and joy through them.

How I live my faith

I strive to live my faith everyday through doing the small things. When I say my prayers and read my scriptures, I know I am putting myself in a sitation to come closer to Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ. Right now I am part of a small unit of the Church comprised of other people around my age. I am able to help plan activities, teach lessons, and visit fellow members often. We are all growing together. Its a blessing to learn and grow with other young adults, as we are all going through many of the same trials as each other. 

Why are Mormons asked to donate 10% of their income to their Church?

I believe that everything I have, that is good, is from Heavenly Father. Because of His love for me, and when I am obedient to His commandments, I am blessed. The Lord has always required members of His Church, in all times throughout history, to obey the law of Tithing. As members of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints, we are asked to give 10% of our income to the Church. I have personally been blessed through obedience to this commandment with a peaceful confidence that I am doing what Jesus Christ wants me to do with my money. In return, He lets me choose what I will do with the other 90% of it. Show more Show less

Why do Mormons perform proxy baptisms in their temples?

Jesus Christ performed the Atonement so that each of us can receive a remission of our sins and find joy in this life, and return to live with our Father in Heaven again. The Atonement is essential for each one of us. Just like this, there are other things essential for our Eternal Salvation. One of those is baptism. Even the Savior was baptized on this Earth, in the proper manner and by His authority. We must follow His perfect example. We, as members of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints, believe that ALL must be baptized by the Authority of Jesus Christ. If someone is not baptized while living, we can perform that act in their behalf. Thus, doing something for them which they can no longer do for themselves, without their body. Using their name and God's authority, we are baptized for them in the Holy Temple. Show more Show less