What Is a Church Community?

The video player could not be built.

Do you want to chat with a missionary?

We are happy to answer any questions you may have. Start a chat or call us at 1-888-537-6600.

Hi I'm Dana Michelle

I'm a mother. I'm a wife. I'm a Mormon.

About Me

I love to read and write and paint and cook. I collect quotes. I enjoy photography. I met my husband in high school, 22 years ago. He is a convert to the church. We have five children. Our oldest son is currently serving a mission in Pennsylvania. Even though it's a sacrifice to be away from him, we believe it's worth it!

Why I am a Mormon

I was born in an active LDS home. It would be easy to just take for grated the things I was taught growing up, but even though I was raised in the church, I have studied and prayed and searched and questioned for myself to know if it was right for me. In my heart, I feel the Holy Ghost peacefully confirm to me that the Book of Mormon is a book of scripture and that Joseph Smith restored to this earth in the latter-days the church that was originally organized by the Savior, Jesus Christ. I know I am a daughter of God and I know that because He loves each of His children, he sent a Savior to sacrifice himself so we could have a way to repent and be made clean and return to the presence of God one day.

How I live my faith

I work with young women and try to help them realize their own potential for good in this world. I reinforce the teachings they receive in their homes and encourage them to maintain good, open relationships with their parents. In a world where values are eroding and family relationships are devalued, I stand for modesty, fidelity, reverence, honesty, hard work, charity and kindness. As a mother, I feel I have a most important role in keeping the filth, chaos, contention, despair, and ungodliness of the world out of my home. I try to raise my children in an environment of peace and love, innocence and safety, faith and courage, hope and joy.

Why are Mormons asked to donate 10% of their income to their Church?

Dana Michelle
Tithing is a biblical commandment. In order to understand tithing I think it is important to understand stewardship. In this life, nothing I possess or receive is mine, but is instead given to me by a loving Heavenly Father. Think about it, when we die, the only thing we take is our knowledge: our memories, our relationships, our convictions, but no possessions. So everything I have, I am acting as God's steward over. That means that everything belongs to Him. If He gives me 100% to take care of, not yet as my own possession, and then asks me to give back only 10% and says I can keep the other 90%, I'm getting a really good deal and have no problems paying a 10% tithe. Tithing helps me to manage better what God has given me, because there is accountability when I figure out what the amount is that I need to pay. And tithing helps me to be unselfish. In the Old Testament it promises that if we pay our tithing, the Lord will open the windows of heaven and pour out more blessings than we will have room to receive. I think I like the blessing of unselfishness best of all. Show more Show less

What is the priesthood?

Dana Michelle
The priesthood is the authority to act in God's name on earth. It was given to prophets of the bible, Adam, Enoch, Noah, Moses, etc. Mormons believe that it has to be given through the proper authority. We believe that John the Baptist visited Joseph Smith and laid his hands on his head and restored the priesthood power by authority so God's priesthood could be used for good in these modern days. The priesthood is used to do such things as heal the sick, give blessings of comfort, perform baptisms and seal families together forever. Show more Show less